The weather has become Oh. So. Blissful all of a sudden, and we intend to add to the bliss by bringing you some of the best blog posts from Indian bloggers. Read on and enjoy. You only have a few hours left to participate in ‘The World Remade‘ and win vouchers worth Rs. 1000 or a pass to the India Today #Conclave15 worth Rs. 1 lakh so blog before it’s too late!
- Who: Ramya Abhinand
- What: “The Vanishing Brides of Haryana”
- Tangy: Haryana has one of the worst sex ratios in India, and the violence against female foetuses and babies has given rise to a new phenomenon – lack of brides for eligible young Haryanvi men. The people have found a solution to the problem, but this solution is a problem in itself.
- Who: Kirti Sharma
- What: “Do You Know About Facebook’s New Suicide Prevention Tool”
- Tangy: There are times when we see ‘feeling depressed’ or ‘feeling hopeless’ as our friend’s statuses, but don’t know how to help them. Facebook can now be a place where suicidal people find succour, with a new tool where you can report a depressed status of a friend and Facebook will reach out to them. With social media taking over all aspects of our life, this is a great way to help people who are too shy to ask help.
- Who: Desh Kapoor
- What: “The Many Shades of Lust”
- Tangy: We look down upon lust as a sin and give an exalted status to the emotion of love. But do we know exactly what roles do love and lust play in relationship dynamics? Let this blog post shed some light on the topic.
- Who: Ritcha
- What: “Hosting the perfect #WorldCup2015 party at home”
- Tangy: Watching World Cup matches is much more fun if you have friends around. And we don’t mean just sitting around on the couch with a bowl of popcorn. The Cricket World Cup calls for a real get together and here are some pointers about hosting a great WC party.
- Who: Amreen B. Shaikh
- What: “THE TEARS IN HER EYES”
- Tangy: Hunters are considered quite brave and hunting was a favourite pastime among the royalty of yore. But really, where is the bravery in killing a defenceless animal just for your pleasure and bragging rights?
- Who: Jim Jacob
- What: “NO COUNTRY FOR INTROVERTS”
- Tangy: Extroversion is considered a good quality to have while introverts are labelled as shy, awkward or incapable of being leaders. Is it so bad that someone prefers to remain quiet and is happy in their own company?
- Who: Jyotsna Bhatia
- What: “Ah, you weather!!”
- Tangy: India was preparing to sweat it out in the sun and we had started stocking up on sunscreen when suddenly the skies opened up and it started drizzling, catching us off-guard! The weather can have a profound effect on all of us, as this blog post explains.
Have you checked out ‘Conversations‘ where you can Connect, Learn & Share. Do check it out and participate. You can now tip your blog posts for Tangy Tuesday and Spicy Saturday Picks right from our homepage. Click on the tabs and submit your posts.
You can also tip us on Twitter @blogadda or using our contact form. If selected, you’ll be credited for it and the readers will get a chance to read something worthy.