Hello, hope your weekend has started on a good note. We’re here to make Â it even better with our activities. First up is a chance to go to Goa for the Renault #LiveLodgycal Drive by participating in the #LiveLodgycal blogging contest, so get blogging now!Â Male bloggers, blog for the ‘My Nose Knows’ contest as a part of the #SniffSniff activity and win vouchers worth Rs. 30,000! Check out this week’s WOW prompt and indulge your creative side to win a WOW badge! And now it’s time to see which are some of the best blog posts this week from Indian bloggers!
- Who: Rutavi Mehta
- What: “10 Travelers Tip to Help Mother Earth on #WorldEnvironmentDay”
- Spicy: Visit any tourist destination and you will not only see scenic or historic beauty, but also mounds of wrappers, cigarette butts and other assorted waste. Why do tourists fail to maintain the sanctity of a place for future visitors? On the occasion of World Environment Day, read these tips and leave just your footprints, and not your carbon footprint, in the places you visit.
- Who: Bishwanath Ghosh
- What: “Maggi And I”
- Spicy: The formerly ubiquitous yellow packet of Maggi has now run into troubled waters. As Maggi finds its way from supermarket shelvesÂ to dumpsters, most people who have their own Maggi story are coming out and paying tribute to the easy snack. Here is one such eulogy.
- Who: Anuradha Varma
- What: “Deaf people are cool too!”
- Spicy: Earlier, differently abled people got pity, but now things have improved to the extent that they now get ‘sympathy’. This too, is not an ideal situation because people who suffer from a disability are otherwise quite well rounded individuals with their own talents, passions and of course, quirks.
- Who: Nandana Nallapu
- What: “At the cinemas”
- Spicy: This weekend, a lot of you might be planning to catch the latest release at the multiplex. When you do, keep your eyes open for the specimens of movie watchers that throng to the theatres and entertain people more than the action happening on screen.
- Who: Tia
- What: “You’re More Than A Number or A Grade”
- Spicy: May-June may be summer vacations for kids, but students who have appeared for their board exams and their families wait with bated breath for results, and the percentage that the student gets is stamped on his or her identity for a substantial period of time. This blogger begs to differ, and insists that these marks can’t define a person’s aptitude for life.
- Who: Shwetabh Mathur
- What: “à¤ªà¥‚à¤›à¥‹…à¤•à¤à¥€ à¤¸à¥‹à¤šà¤¾ à¤¹à¥ˆ à¤¤à¥à¤®à¤¨à¥‡?”
- Spicy: “I complained that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet” is an oft-quoted phrase, but in this age of showing off your possessions on Facebook, the sentiment seems to have lost its importance. But the fact remains that only a person who has lost something will understand the importance of what they lost, which others might take for granted. Have you ever thought about this?
Have you checked out ‘Conversations‘ where you can Connect, Learn & Share. Do check it out and participate. You can now tip your posts for Tangy Tuesday and Spicy Saturday Picks right from our homepage. Click on the tabs and submit your posts. You can also tip us on Twitter @blogadda or using our contact form. If selected, you’ll be credited for it and the readers will get a chance to read something worthy.