International Women’s Day has just been celebrated, and though there was a lot of positivity surrounding the day, recent events have put a dampener on the fun. This is also reflected in this week’s Tangy Tuesday Picks, where we have blog posts about women, and by women. In the same vein, BlogAdda presents the Ariel #WashBucketChallenge, where the men of the family can pledge to Share The Load of household chores with the ladies. Participate and you can win a brand new Whirlpool washing machine! We are also calling fashion bloggers to participate in the #LakmeSchoolOfStyle activity where they can win exciting vouchers!
- Who: Prateek Varma
- What: “The Great Indian Circus”
- Tangy: The twists, turns, speeches and retractions that are made by newsmakers in India can put the best television soaps to shame. We might have learnt to take this drama with a pinch of salt, but that doesn’t mean that current affairs in India does not lend itself to some really good satire.
- Who: Divyakshi
- What: “Vrindavan Holi : A mystical, magical experience”
- Tangy: The festival of Holi is one of the happiest times in the whole of India, but in Vrindavan, it’s not just a festival, but a full fledged ‘bhakti’ experience. This blogger captures the enthralling celebration of Holi in the holi land of Vrindavan through her lens.
- Who: Red Handed
- What: “To The Man Who Bought A Pad…”
- Tangy: Talking about menstruation is considered a taboo in India, and the standard procedure is to pretend that the phenomenon doesn’t exist, especially in front of men. This blogger talks about both sides of the coin – about how one simple act can blow decades of ingrained practices to smithereens.
- Who: Aditi Mathur
- What: “Fun-Facts About Being a Woman”
- Tangy: Being a woman is not quite the easiest job in the world, but the sad fact is that environmental factors (read: other human beings and their prejudices) don’t make the job any simpler than it already is. As the Happy Women’s Day messages fade out of our inboxes, here is a blogger’s take on what it is like to be a woman.
- Who: Dayle Pereira
- What: “What I Wish I Knew At 14”
- Tangy: Around 30% time of many adolescent girls is spent thinking about zits and other imaginary skin problems, thinking about what style and products suit them, and what they should do to look like the big girls that they are (The percentage is complete speculation, of course). Here is some help for girls at this stage, from a blogger who has lived through her teens.
- Who: Natasha Borah Khan
- What: “The Oil For Your Lamp”
- Tangy: Women are seen in the role of givers, and most of their energy is spent in providing for others than tending to their own happiness. Such women run the risk of running out of fuel for themselves. This blogger says that it is necessary to refuel themselves at regular intervals to avoid burning out.
- Who: Shwetal Rai
- What: “Power of Positive”
- Tangy: All the depressing things going around us are bound to put us in a very bleak and hopeless state of mind. At such times, the only thing that rescues us is a positive state of mind. This blog posts talks about the power of positivity, which can work wonders in anyone’s life.
Have you checked out ‘Conversations‘ where you can Connect, Learn & Share. Do check it out and participate. You can now tip your blog posts for Tangy Tuesday and Spicy Saturday Picks right from our homepage. Click on the tabs and submit your posts. You can also tip us on Twitter @blogadda or using our contact form. If selected, you’ll be credited for it and the readers will get a chance to read something worthy.
One Reply to “Tangy Tuesday Picks – March 10, 2015”
Here is a cartoon – http://abhyused.blogspot.com/2015/03/if-dentists-were-completely-honest-with.html