‘Eureka Eureka‘ asserted Archimedes!
Now in its 14th year, EUREKA is Asia’s Largest B-Plan Competition – as accredited by Thomson Reuters and CNN is back with a BANG! It gets bigger and better every single year. This time it is even more extensive because the prizes offered are simply incomparable. As with our assocation with IITB for Eureka, we continue our relationship and present you more details about the event encouraging you to participate.
What is Eureka?
Eureka! is an international business plan competition which aims at encouraging people from across the globe to flesh out their ideas and form global enterprises that combine technology, vision and business acumen. A 5 month long educational experience, the format of the competition has been designed to emulate the process of raising funds for one’s start up, covering right from writing a business plan to pitching before an investor. Eureka! serves as a launch pad for start-ups in India and beyond where they learn how to formulate an appropriate b-plan and the do’s and don’ts of making the right pitch from expert mentors, industry veterans and investors.
The competition is structured with the vision to promote both business as well as social innovation. Hence, two parallel tracks have been instated:
- Eureka! Business
- Eureka! Social
2012 is all set to break all records. *Stay calm. Don’t fall off your chair out of excitement as we announce the prizes* :P*
- The winning entry of Eureka! Business would get cash prizes of INR 5 Lakhs and 3 Lakhs for first runners up.
- Eureka! Social winning entry gets a cash prize of INR 1 Lakh and INR 50,000 for first runners up.
- All winning entries would get an opportunity to secure angel funding (Mumbai Angels, Indian Angel Network, venture nursery) besides mentoring by seasoned entrepreneurs and leading corporates. They would also get an opportunity to get incubation at Morpheus.
- The winners of Eureka! 2012 would be provided office spaces worth INR 4.5 Lakh by Regus. Eureka! Business finalists would be given consultancy services worth INR 5 Lakhs. Financial, Legal, IP, PR, HR and Business Scaling Up consultacy would be provided by esteemed consultants like activities management advisors Pvt. Ltd. (Financial), Euphoria consulting Pvt. Ltd (HR) and Brain League (IP Services).
- The winning entry of Eureka! (Business category) would also get a fully paid trip to Silicon Valley and Stanford University, California, US to attend E-boot Camp, BASES (Business Association of Stanford Entrepreneurial Students).
The title sponsor for Eureka! is SBI and associate sponsor is REGUS. CNBC TV18 is official media partner.
Checkout what’s new this time?
- Eureka! Youth Award: With a vision to promote entrepreneurship among youth participants, E-Cell has gone a step ahead, introduced a separate award called Eureka! Youth Award for the college students and recent graduates. All participants have to be below 26 years to be eligible for this award.
- Wild Card Entry to Eureka! finals: Rejected semifinalists would be given yet another opportunity to make it to the Eureka! finals.
- The entry with best Technology would be awarded with Technology and Sustainable Prize worth INR 3 Lakhs [IIT Bombay Class of 1985 prize for best entry in Technology and Suistanable Development].
Participate NOW for Eureka 2012!