The weekend is here and brunches and long naps beckon. This weekend we have something very special for the ladies with the #IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob activity where you can blog about a household story till 19th January and win vouchers worth Rs.1000! The #UseYourAnd activity still awaits your participation for women’s empowerment so make sure you blog for it. There is also a chance to win a Bolt from Tata Motors with Get. Set. Bolt. so if you haven’t registered for it, time is running out! For now, here are some of the best blog posts of the week with Spicy Saturday Picks.
- Who: Ashwini Dodani
- What: “You’ve Got Me Hooked, Mumbai!”
- Spicy: Mumbaikars have a love – hate relationship with the city, while outsiders can’t understand why so many people choose to live in this crazy, complicated city. If you come here from another place wanting to give wings to your dreams, sooner or later, Mumbai will become an addiction for you.
- Who: R’s Mom
- What: “Letter to My Daughters – Marriage”
- Spicy: Most parents wait for the day when they will get to see their children all decked up as bride or groom. It is taken for granted that kids will grow up and get married. In this light yet heartfelt letter, a mother tells her child that marriage should be a choice, not a procedure to be gotten over with.
- Who: Divya Iyer
- What: “Confessions of a Shopaholic, kinda”
- Spicy: Turn to any mall, look at any newspaper, and all you see are ads yelling about sales at the top of their voice. For a true shopping enthusiasts, this is a festive time full of trying on new clothes and getting great deals. Read this fun account from a shopaholic.
- Who: Siddhesh Kabe
- What: “Twenty nine, not there yet”
- Spicy: Twenty nine is a very special age, the last of your twenties and the threshold of your supposedly mature years – the thirties. Are people of this age supposed to feel any different? How do you calculate age vs. maturity? Is there an added pressure to fulfil all your dreams by this time?
- Who: Jyotsna Bhatia
- What: “Much more than JUST a number on the weighing scale”
- Spicy: A person on the heavier side of the weight chart has to bear jibes, taunts and ‘good natured’ advice from their friends and family. But just because glossy magazines tell us that size zero is perfection, is it right to make people feel imperfect and less human just because of their weight?
- Who: Nickolai Kinny
- What: “Top 5 things to do on the Republic Day weekend”
- Spicy: The first long weekend of 2015 is just around the corner, and a lot of people are busy trying to pack as much activity as they can in those few days. Take a look at this blog post and decide if you want a laid back weekend or an action packed one.
Have you checked out ‘Conversations‘ where you can Connect, Learn & Share. Do check it out and participate. You can now tip your posts for Tangy Tuesday and Spicy Saturday Picks right from our homepage. Click on the tabs and submit your posts. You can also tip us on Twitter @blogadda or using our contact form. If selected, you’ll be credited for it and the readers will get a chance to read something worthy.