indian blogs indian blogs directory indian bloggers popular indian blogs blogger india editors picks blogger interviews blogging tips social media india blogs bloggers indian bloggers largest indian blog directory popular indian blogs bloggers popular best bloggers mumbai delhi bangalore chennai kolkata hyderabad

Write Over the Weekend (WOW)

Why do we write?  When someone asked this to Isaac Aminov he said thatI write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn’t, I would die’.  Writing for the love of writing is a form of unconditional love. A true writer writes from the heart and a great writer writes for nothing but to express love for writing.  We want you to continue, what you have always loved doing. Keeping that in mind, we are happy to announce a brand new initiative at BlogAdda, Write Over the Weekend (WOW)!

UPDATE: The theme for the current week has been announced here. Please submit your entries in that post.

With social media taking over our lives, do you feel your blog is not getting all the attention it deserves? Are you one of those who want to write, but are either spoiled for choices or having nothing that is inspiring you to write? We, at BlogAdda, understand just that and thus decide to bring to you an initiative that you shall await just as eagerly as you await weekends.

We are very happy to announce a brand new initiative at your Adda which will rekindle your love for writing again. Presenting to you ‘WOW – Write Over the Weekend’.

What is WOW?

Write Over the Weekend (WOW). As the name suggests, we at BlogAdda want to rekindle your love for writing. We want you to continue writing just for the love of it. We want to bring your creativity back to the fore. We want the community to know you for your writing and your creativity. It is as simple as that.

WOW! This is exciting. What do I do next?

We want it to be very simple. Every weekend (well, almost), starting from today, we will announce a theme on which you can WOW.  You can submit your blogpost links in the comments section below. The best entries will get special badges to flaunt on their blogs. Kindly copy-paste the code below at the start/end of your entry to be a part of this initiative.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

Write Over the Weekend theme for this week

Write a post that has this line, ‘Waking up, now that September has ended’

:). Are we all set? Start writing and keep blogging. Remember, you have time till Sunday midnight!

While you are writing about the theme this week, do not miss writing on your ideas about designing the future. If your entry is amongst the best, you get to attend INK Conference and INK Live! In case you have missed it, check out http://adda.at/INKcont

Update: All the posts that were a part of Write Over the Weekend were really WOW. But as we had said that we will feature the entries that were really really good, here they are:

63 Responses to “Write Over the Weekend (WOW)”

1. Ghata says:

Its a great initiative Blog Adda….would love to participate!

2. My entry for the WOW challenge :)

P.S: Brilliant initiative Blogadda! I needed something like this to get back on the blogging track! Thanks a lot :)

3. Gyanban says:

Thats exactly what i ve been doing for over two years now! Work pressure over the weekday is too high to get into the mood for writing. Will post my contribution by tomorrow!

4. manjulikapramod says:

Loved the initiative… Writing over the Weekend is definitely gonna rock…

5. Jay says:

Good initiative BlogAdda, keep the initiatives flowing in BG.

This is my first entry to a contest on BG or blogging for that matter.

Here it goes

Good luck to all fellow bloggers and keep posting good content :)

6. Anupama says:

A travelogue in the form of poem!

I deeply appreciate this idea from Blogadda.

7. obsessivemom says:

Super initiative. Writing after a long long time at Blogadda. Here’s my entry…

8. Abha says:

My entry for the WOW competition. A sunday spent well!

9. Aniruddh Naik says:

Hi Blogadda, I was looking out for an inspiration to continue writing. You gave me one and i remain indebted to you for providing me this chance. I love WOW

10. panchali says:

Here’s my entry for the WOW initiative…

11. Good initiative BlogAdda!!!

This is my first entry to a contest on BlogAdda or blogging for that matter.

12. obsessivemom says:

Oops just realised my entry has no entry :-))). Here it is..

13. Ritika Verma says:

Hey BlogAdda,

The winning entries from last weekend haven’t been announced and how come there isn’t a new topic for this weekend, why is it still “I wish someone told me..”? We WOW-ed on it last time :)

14. Jay says:

When will the results come out for previous week’s WOW ?

15. chitra says:

when do we get to know the result of previous weeks WOW?

16. admin says:

Thank you so much for the overwhelming response. The best entries of this edition will be announced next week. Thank you for your patience. :)

17. UmaS says:

Am all smiles to see my entry here among the selected ones…thanks :)

18. chitra says:

Am happy that i have won . but i have noticed that there are a few entries which were submitted after the deadline and have still qualified for the winning post.Wouldnt it be unfair for the many other contestants who did submit on time…

19. Priyanka Dey says:

This is great! wuhhuuu!!
    congrats friends!
    So..where are our badges!!I am so excited!

20. Ritika Verma says:

I’m so pleased to see my post in the selected entries! Thank you Blogadda….congrats to all the others as well! When will we get our badges??? This is so exciting :))

21. Woohoo!!!! Congratulations all :-) This is my first time of submitting something and getting selected :-)
    Thank u Blogadda..:-)

22. admin says:

@Chitra Apologies for that error. We have removed the concerned posts.
    @Priyanka Since you have submitted after the deadline, we have removed the post from the list. Keep writing and submit it before Sunday night every week.

23. chitra says:

Thanku admin this restores my faith once again in BlogAdda… does any other deserving entry get a chance since those posts were removed ;)

24. Priyanka Dey says:

Ahhh!!!

Great to know that things are working well…and I will surely participate in the coming ones! Cheers!!!

25. NBose says:

Glad to see my name in the selected best entries…Thanks a lot BlogAdda :-D

Congratulations to other winners as well:-)

Where can we get the badges? I want to flaunt it … :-D

26. ghazala says:

Thank you BlogAdda..! I am glad my post is in the announcement list. Congrats to all winners :D

27. Hey, where do we get our badges from ? Anybody any ideas ?

28. chitra says:

where are our badges?

29. pooja kopargaonkar says:

wow, good to see my post :) sooooooooooooooooo happy :)
    where can I get the badge for it? would love to flaunt it on my blog with proud :)

30. I wrote my post for the WOW but somehow the link did not get through here.. Just saw that now. Congratulations for the winners. Anyway I do share post for the most memorable photograph here http://www.chaptersfrommylife.com/2012/11/creating-masterpiece-i-wanted-to-have.html