OSScamps is a series of community driven unconferences specifically targeted at the promotion of FOSS implementation and development in India. The OSScamp Community opened up India’s premier community-driven blog on open source. From August 1, the blog has become a central place to document the growth and development of open source in India and to celebrate this new-found freedom a blogging contest is announced. The contest runs from August 1 to August 15.
How do you participate?
Its very simple.
1. Register on the OSScamp Community (that is, if you havent done that already)
2. Write a blog post that passes through their Blogging Guidelines
3. Promote your posts on the social media (if you want to)
4. That’s it
How do you win?
Once your posts have been published on the website, the community gets to vote on blog posts. They will also take into account the performance of your blogs on Social Media. The top-6 performing bloggers will be awarded at the end of the contest. The scores will be calculated on the basis of the performance of your posts as on August 25, 2009 and the winners will be announced on August 27, 2009.
* Every Vote up on the website earns you +4 points
* Every Vote Down on the website earns you -1 point
* Every retweet (and identi.ca update) of your post earns you +1 point
* Every digg on your post earns you +2 point
* Every bookmark on delicious and stumbleupon earns you +1 point
Rules, Terms, Guidelines and Conditions
1. Only registered members can take part in the contest. You can make as many posts as you wish.
2. Only posts that get approved after the moderation process will be competing in the contest.
3. The posts must not belong to the categories News and Events.
4. Also to be eligible, you have to ReTweet this message
5. People associated with the sponsors and the OSScamp moderation team are not eligible in the contest.
6. If the moderation team believes that you are not competing fairly, you will be disqualified from the contest. This is a subjective decision, the moderation team will make.
Do participate and you may end up winning some cool prizes. Hurry Up, the contest ends on August 15, 2009.